After all our preparation, getting ready emotionally, starting to pack and researching as much as we can about Campbell...all our plans change.
This was our series of events: Move to Ft. Bliss at the end of 2009...Adjust till July. In July Dan reenlisted and chose to move to Fort Campbell. Actually getting there was an issue. We knew we couldn't move until at least September...September came and went with no orders. (Very sad, Dan was hoping to make it there in November so he could deploy with that unit)....Finally in mid December we got orders..to report beginning of January. That didn't really work because we had to give notice that I was relocating Riley, plus notice on our house, and have time to move....SO we got the orders changed to March. He accepted he wouldn't deploy with them so we got on the housing list at Campbell for the correct report date, I started looking for jobs.....
Then I got a phone call, "Hey, what do you think about staying at Bliss? They deploy this fall?" "um...what?!?!!?" So....we are staying. And he deploys this fall. Little change in my plans.
I went to the first Town Hall meeting about the deployment. Interesting. Told us what area they were going to (I am trying my hardest to not go look it up), Told us who they are replacing (trying to not look up how many casualties they've had), called Army Wives cows (I laughed since I am skinny) and we were also told that those of us staying here were going to have to practice what to do in the event of a casualty, and we will have casualties...thanks for that. I told my husband if he dies, Ill kill him. The shit eating grin on his face didn't help.
He's deployed twice, to areas worse than this. He is excited. I am independent, done the single mom thing, I'll be okay.... But this is going to be a whole world of different. This time Dan is leaving behind a family, Kids.... Plus its a little longer than his last 2. This time it's not my "choice" to be a single mom. And I have to worry about the person that is gone.
It's sure to be an adventure. In the mean time I NEED to find a job..... Or decide to not find a job here and go back to WA and work?!?!?!?! Crap.
No comments:
Post a Comment