After I made a big stink about needing a job and a better house so that I would be occupied and safe while Dan deployed I have made the decision to go back to Washington while he is gone. I have gone back and forth one million times. It would be really nice to save the money to pay some debt off, and to have the support of family. Then again I am far away from all of my resources which include people going through the same things I am. I feel childish running back home, but my husband wants me to and for our family I think it'd be best. I hope to be back by Riley's birthday but I am not positive I can make that happen. We will only be in Washington for 9 months about so that Riley can start Kindergarten back in Texas! I know Riley is excited to be back in WA with the her entire family. I am excited too, but scared too. I am not used to going out often (and allot of my friends here do!) and being around family. I am used to doing our own thing our own way. Hopefully I can adjust alright. I definitely want to find a job there. Otherwise I will a) be bored out of my mind and the time will crawl by. and b) spend all our savings on entertaining myself and the kids.
I am really sad to leave the friends I have made here in Texas, but hopefully some will still be there when I get back, and if not, such is life as an army wife!
I have a friend that served in the military and she told me about a website that offers special discounts for military families. What I found surprising was that it not only offers discounts through national companies, they had local restaurants and merchants that offered great deals, some were owned by vets. They also had news, some hilarious jokes, information for people interested in joining the military and so much more! Has anyone else seen this sight and have you gone to some of the businesses listed. Please let me know. The website is: mymilitarypages.com
ReplyDelete