Ive moved more than 7 times over the past 7 years..that is rediculous. Especially because before that I had never moved. Ever. I have picked up a few tricks, such as next time I move I will leave out a box with shower curtain, towels, and paper towels and a garbage bag. (and blankets but that was one I already have always had handy) This way you can each, shower and sleep. The essentials. I love to see a new home come together and be personalized with our things. I think I may have to fly my interior decorator Karen to every new home I have. Not sure if her husband and 3 kids will like it....oh well. The moving is fun, its the packing (and unpacking) that SUCK. I stilll have a garage full of junk that I haven't unpacked. Each move I purge a little more, but there is still mounds of stuff. And alot of things I am holding onto even if I do not use them every home, for instance baby gear and clothes, not using them now, but will in a few years. I am also holding on to things like curtains that were from our old house that don't fit into our new one. I hold on to them because who knows what our next home (or 2 or 3) may be like and why buy them twice?
Theres my gripe about moving/packing. but here is my real issue. We are seriously considering having me move to WA while Dan is gone, we could save some money and get some things paid off which would be huge. I could work for more than minimum wage and have lots of people around to help me out. Here is my dilema, the packing! That is what I am dreading most. I don't need to bring EVERYTHING because we will only be there about 9 months. But then again I don't want to leave something behind that I need. Its like on vacation you pack clothes then inevitably you don't want to wear any of them, or you realize you didn't bring the shoes you really love with that shirt etc. So then, if I can live 9 months without something I probably don't need it at all huh?! Oy, so besides all the lease breaking, relocation/parenting plan, storage, moving 2 cars, finding a place to live, plus my husband being gone, Im freaking out more or less about which clothes to bring. HAHA. Obviously my minds way of not thinking of the bigger things.
No comments:
Post a Comment